CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 7 April 2009

hell driver...

Where do I start, where do I begin?

From... the beggining maybe. So yesterday after ive written here i went to meet my dad so we would have dinner, originally the idea was to go out to a restaurante and eat something, but we were so so so tired that sitting in a restaurant behaving was the last thing on our minds. We love the simple but good foods, so we went to the local supermarket bought some magnificent bread, some presunto, some goat cheese, some fresh juicy tomato and iceberg salada as good looking as it gets; to that we added some nice green olives with anchoves filling and the cherry on the top of everything: a great red wine! Meal of champs I tell you, dont remember the last time food felt so good and so fufilling :D Here it is for all you lovers of simple, great food, hoping you wont drool too much over your keyboard!

You could then say, it was the perfect beggining of a good night, right? Wrong! Daddy and me decided to share a room, instead of the 2 rooms we normally get when we travel, but i thought, what the hell, its just to sleep not a vacation, we dont need anything special... 23:00: Ana, ana, ana... NOOB! Did you forget how your dad snores?!?! So ok... dad's snoring, I can deal with it, I can get used to it and still sleep. 23:30: *moviments on the bed* *puurrrrrrrrrrrr* *bump, bump, bump* *PUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRR* So Xanga wants cuddles, right, its ok, I mean she is used to them and she is in a new place, agitated and all so, pat pat pat, now go to bed :) 01:00 *jump over the desk* *jump over me* *chase some invisible rat under the beds* *bumps into something* hummm.... I need to lock her in the bathroom or ill never sleep. 01:10: damnit its too hot and saturated the air in the bathroom not good for her, let me open it just enough for it to circulate but enabling her to open the dor and get out, lets say... an inch, the door is heave, should work. 02:30 *jump on my back* *PUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR* Ok so clearly she has super powers and can open heavy doors, this is not going so well. This time, im looking you insised your transporting box and keeping you in the bathroom with the door wide open. 02:45: *RASP RASP RASP* she is trying to open her box, but she will realise she cant and drop it. 03:30: nop, she does not understand she cant open it and she stills goes on... f**k it, im opening the box and she will eventually get tired and go to sleep and then I can sleep too, brilliant. 4:00: *dad snores like a pig* *cat jumps around* Ok ana, try to focus on your breathing, what better time to try mediating other then now? breathe RRRRRRROooooooooonc in... breathe *jump jump jump* out, rinse and repeat, youll win this. Last time I looked at the clock it was 4:49, I woke up at 7:00 for another 700km today. Considering all this, I think I managed to look ok, eye bags and swallen face aside, I kept my trade mark, my smile ;)



From Burgos, Spain to Angouleme, France was probably the worse journey ever: way too many trucks, trucks that didnt realise they were trucks and so they decide to pass eachother ocupating the left lane of a 2 lanes road, make all the rest of us wait for like, i dunno 10m until they were able to finish the manovre, raining like hell, too much for an unexperienced driver such as myself, and the last 100km (out of +- 650km) were done behind a huge line of trucks which translates into doing it at 80km/h.

When I got to the hotel I could barely move but i still managed to go to the restaurante, eat a hot meal, go tot he supermarket buy some nice food for Xanga, talk to some friend online and write this humongous post.

Now all I want is a shower and my bed!!! Yes because tonight Im staying in a single room alone, with a double bed and xanga is spending the night at my dad's room!

Tonight I sleep!


Logging off with love and yawns,

Ana

P.S. I arrive to Belgium tomorrow, so I have no idea when will I have internet again. If it takes me a while please dont think I forgot any of you, because I never would :) Anyway I will log on a cyber if anything else, to keep this updated :)

1 comments:

Moo said...

aww sounds like you had a hard days night! Bad kitteh, xanga too!

Good that you got to France though now, nice driving too! 1400km so far?

Well hope u get nice sleep and sweet dreams - think you earned it!!

Talk soon and good luck on the last leg of the journey!